Horizontal Rentals, Inc. has developed and patented a separation
system consisting of three open tanks: 2 oil skimming tanks and 1 oil settling
tank. Most of our systems are outfitted with two 3ft x 4ft pumps, each powered by
25-40hp explosion-proof electric motors, one 2ft x 3ft pump powered by a 25-30hp
explosion-proof electric motor and one 1ft x 2ft pump powered by a 10hp
explosion-proof electric motor.
Other features of the system include the
- Whirljet sprayer for breaking up solids in the gas buster compartment.
- Automatic liquid level control system.
- Waterleg controls.
- Adjustable skimming funnels with a skim trough system.
- Water spray bars across the tanks to control gas foaming.
- Secondary gasbuster.
- Splash guards to control excess splashing of fluids over the top of then
- Sump pots under pumps to control leakage.
- Fire extinguisher nozzles mounted on each tank for disbursement of AFFF
foam for fire control.
- An independent AFFF Fire Control System (nitrogen charged) tied into each
This system is designed for quick and easy
set up and can be operated efficiently by only one person. It decreases
the need for vacuum trucks to clean out the tanks and dispose of the solids
and fines and it has B.S.&W. control capability as well. This system
has proven itself capable of skimming up to 220 barrels of salable oil per
In the HRI patented process, contaminated
oil is allowed to dwell for a sufficient amount of time in the first
tank. Skimmers then scoop off the separated oil and move it to another
oil tank. There, liquids and emulsified oil are separated out and moved
to further settling tanks for sufficient dwell time for oil separation and